[FIX] ParserRevertFix-gk

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 21 11:51:58 UTC 2004

Resending this as a FIX, since I got no reaction from the thread it was
attached to.
IMHO this is a simple revert - just approve it, please. :)

"Change Set:		ParserRevertFix-gk
Date:			3 March 2004
Author:			Gšran Krampe

The issue was triggered by 'NS' (Nathanael?) in update 5700
were he changed 'self selectionAsStream' to 'self
selection string' in #evaluateSelection.

The result of that change is that instead of passing a ReadStream with a
position into the full text, it passes only the selected code into the
Parser. That works fine until the Compiler starts to try to givinng
feedback using instvar requestor.

Those methods, like for example when it tries to correct a selector
(this one was caught by Frank's patch) or when it reports a compilation
error  (not caught by Frank's patch) then thinks that the position it
has are absolute and can be used in messages to requestor. But they are
now relative.

Also, I note that there is still a sender of #selectionAsStream, namely
when you choose 'debug it'. Given Frank's patch that case is now instead
broken.

So... for the time being, this changeset simply reverts this back to
'self selectionAsStream'.
"