Extending SUnit to Test SASE Events

Jules Dubois de6l5rp02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Apr 22 04:33:44 UTC 2004

I'm trying to port the code from "Extending SUnit to Test SASE Events"

  http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/ExtendingSUnitToTestSASEEvents.pdf

to Squeak because I'm finding it tedious to write event testers for each
"event category" in the class I'm testing.

Has this already been done, and, if so, is the port available?

I've got the code into a condition where I think it should work, but maybe
I'm attempting the impossible.  A fundamental assumption of the authors is
that they can register the nil object to receive events

  anObject when: each sendTo: nil

I don't speak Dolphin (or much Smalltalk at all) but I think this must
mean, in Squeak,

  anObject when: each send: each to: nil

Is this acceptable in Squeak, is my error elsewhere, or should I give up?