Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

Juan Vuletich jmvsqueak at uolsinectis.com.ar
Thu Apr 22 19:09:32 UTC 2004

Hi Peter,

Squeak and the original Smalltalk-80 have some specific requerimients on the
hardware they run. They need a bitmapped Display and a pointing device. And
nothing else. Squeak has no need of an underlining OS with a concept of
"window". This is great for portability. Most of us don't want this changed.
And many of us believe it not good what most Smalltalks did with this (as
they are less portable than Squeak).

If you really need multiple OS windows, you need to build that support for
your application, or fork Squeak.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich