Pending Mac VM 3.7.3b4

John M McIntosh johnmci at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 20:58:06 UTC 2004

I'll post the final copy once I generate the combined VM. This will
happen later tonight.

I have however posted the mac source code changes to sourceforge.

3.7.3b4 includes:

				Numerous changes for Unicode file name support, and proper support
for keyup/keydown on os-x.

sqVirtualMachine.c	VM_PROXY_MINOR set to  6  to support isArray =
isArray;

interp.c			New VMMaker code update, major change is to use
dispatchFunctionPointerOnin logic to dispatch
				primitive calls, versus going via a jumptable/case statement. Also
Tim reviewed the usage of the
				millisecond clock and improved things so we don't need to check the
clock on every prim call. This
				makes the RISC and other platforms faster. However it only has
minor effect on the os-x carbon VM
				because of how the cheap millisecond clock is implemented.

sqMacDirectory.c	Change dir_Lookup  // HFS+ imposes Unicode2.1
decomposed UTF-8 encoding on all path elements
				Per request from Tetsuya HAYASHI <tetha at st.rim.or.jp>

sqMacEncoding.c	Alter SetVMPath() per request from Tetsuya HAYASHI ,
				add support for
				"ShiftJIS" kCFStringEncodingShiftJIS

sqMacFileLogic.c	Alter makeFSSpec(), get  kCFStringNormalizationFormD
path name
				Alter PathToFile(), get kCFStringNormalizationFormKC path name
				Alter QuicklyMakePath() get kCFStringNormalizationFormKC path name
				New routine unicode2NativePascalString()
				Alter makeOSXPath, get kCFStringNormalizationFormKD path name
				Alter resolveLongName, get kCFStringNormalizationFormKC path name
				Alter FSMakeFSSpecCompat(), call unicode2NativePascalString to
normalize path name

sqMacMemory.c	Allow browser plugin to allocate 512MB of VM space for
image under os-x.

sqMacUIAppleEvents.c Use CFStringGetSystemEncoding versus suggested
plist.info suggestion because the encoding info is quite right yet at
				this point in the startup time.

sqMacUIEvents.c	Key Up is  now reported as an event when the key is
released. Earlier os-x carbon VMs would report the key up after the
				 keystroke was processed by Text Services, which was incorrect. We
also deal with Key repeat correctly and don't send
				another key down event. This change has made it possible to
properly support Morphic games where key up/down state is
				important to game interaction.

sqMacWindow.c	Fix crash in ShowWindow(). This was due to a pthread race
condition between the UI thread and interp.c.
				Fixed by using UI callback to handle the show screen call. Would
show up as a crash before window appeared.

3.7.3bx			Earlier versions of 3.7.3 were released to confirm the file
changes for Japanese users worked correctly, and to
				confirm that the keyUp logic changes worked as desired.

===