New essay on Squeakland-BSS: How asString works

Randy Bohn rsbohn at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:38:04 UTC 2004

I just posted an essay on Squeakland-BSS about How asString works. This
is intended for people who have a basic grasp of how Smalltalk works
but would like to learn more. I use the ImplementorsOf browser and the
system browser. I'm planning a second essay, How printOn: Works. I
think it would be nice to have a series of essays on some basic methods
you can implement in your class to have it integrate well with the rest
of Squeak. If you implement printOn: you get asString for free, and
your class performs well in the Inspector etc.

Feedback on this idea or the essay are welcome!

Randall Bohn
http://www.squeakland.org/uploads/rsbEssay-asString.001.pr
http://www.squeakland.org:8080/super.687