[ANN] Monticello (and OmniBrowser) support site

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Wed Apr 28 01:12:27 UTC 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 7:57 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hm... have you thought about tapping into SqP for authorization?! I
> have no
> idea how much would be required on either end, e.g., how hard it would
> be to
> extend SmallWiki to support authorization from SqP and how hard it
> would be
> for SqP to provide appropriate authorization services but I had thought
> about setting up a site lately and I most definitely will not open it
> it for
> anonymous access. Some trust based scheme such as SqP seems *just*
> right for
> such a support site but at this point I don't see how one could set it
> up.
> Any ideas?

Yes! I have thought about that, actually.

Squeak People exports an XMLRPC API (see
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/xmlrpc.html) that should allow us to
use it for authentication and authorization. I want to try this out
soonish, but I figured it would better to get the site up before StS.

Perhaps Avi will have something to say about Miso as well.

Colin