File URI (was RE: FileDirectory>>fileExists: (was: Re: [BUG]Unable to load BFAV, various problems ))

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Apr 28 13:45:40 UTC 2004

Michael Rueger <michael at squeakland.org> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > For example, a file URL should ALWAYS have two slashes after the scheme
> > name and should ALWAYS include the hostname/"localhost" or "" - which
> > leads to these three variants:
> >
> > file:///
> > file://myhost.domain.com/
> > file://localhost/
> >
> > That is at least how I interpret it.
>
> Let's not forget that you can have relative URIs like 'dir/file.txt'
> that can be resolved against an absolute URI. You can resolve relative
> paths against http, file or any other scheme.

Yes, I agree. But the question is if this is an instance of FileUrl:
'dir/file.txt' ?
I don't think so. IMHO a FileUrl has a hostname (or is localhost) and an
absolute path.

Then sure, you can resolve relative paths against it. But I still can't
see that an instance of FileUrl can "be relative or absolute".

> JMTCW
>
> Michael

regards, Göran