SqueakSource feature request: project description (was: RE: How to point SqueakMap to SqueakSource)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 30 08:54:32 UTC 2004

On Apr 30, 2004, at 1:15 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> Ah, OK. Yes, I see it wasn't actually SqueakSource's fault at all :)
>
> Still, perhaps it would be nice for the project description to use
> (Small)Wiki markup? Then we could use bulleted lists and such, and the
> wiki
> markup would get converted to proper XHTML without humans fussing about
> matching tags and all that.

This would be useful for, eg, SmallBlog as well.  Lukas, maybe we could
slim down TinyWiki even further so that it was just a pair of Seaside
components (or, even better, methods on WAHtmlRenderer) - one which
produced a textarea where people could edit SmallWiki parse trees, and
one which displayed them as HTML.  I suppose we'd also have to provide
this second method with a block for resolving links, but the interface
could be extremely simple...

Avi