SqueakSource feature request: project description (was: RE: How to point SqueakMap to SqueakSource)

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Fri Apr 30 11:26:51 UTC 2004

> This would be useful for, eg, SmallBlog as well.  Lukas, maybe we
> could  slim down TinyWiki even further so that it was just a pair of
> Seaside  components (or, even better, methods on WAHtmlRenderer) - one
> which  produced a textarea where people could edit SmallWiki parse
> trees, and  one which displayed them as HTML.

Yes, I'm always in favor of slimming down TinyWiki even further. The
more lightweight it is, the easier it should be adaptable to different
applications. However I do want to insist on a proper object-model, as
the past showed that working with strings is really a bad idea.

> I suppose we'd also have to provide this second method with a
> block for resolving links, but the interface could be extremely
> simple...

Yep I know, this is sort of a dark spot in both SmallWiki and TinyWiki ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli