directory moving, copying ?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 30 19:54:39 UTC 2004

Plantec Alain <alain.plantec at univ-brest.fr> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> where can I find methods to move or copy directory (recursively).
> (I've found FileDirectory>>recursiveDelete)
The best I can remember seeing is in VMMaker  - see
VMMaker>copyFileNamed:to: which I stuck in there becasue I couldn't
face trying to fix FileDirectory at the time. It can make use of the
trivial plugin FileCopyPlugin whch simply makes sure the file is copied
with any/all type, permission, owner stuff intact. Another thing the
normal FileBlah code fails to handle.

tim
The computing field is always in need of new cliches.  - Alan Perlis