[ANN] Preview of Squeak interface to wxWidgets

Steven Swerling sswerling at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 21:24:02 UTC 2004

Very nice, Rob!

Will it be possible to have a morphic pane run in a wxWindow, or will
applications be limited to wx widgets? If morphic panes are possible,
that would seem to be a reasonable solution to having multiple OS
windows. Other applications also leap to mind. I could not make it crash
-- how stable do you feel this is? Have you encountered any problems
that have you worried because they may be hard to solve? The
wxSqueak.exe file is about a meg larger than squeak.exe -- did you link
wxWidgets right into the squeak.exe file? If so, are there any licensing
issues to worry about, or would you guess that it's kosher? I hope you
will update your page to include your plans and priorities.