Fixes and 3.7 release etc (was Re: [BUG][FIX] Scrolling in MVC (small))

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Apr 30 21:24:40 UTC 2004

goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

>Hi Boris and all!
>
>I am a bit swamped privately right now - but I really think your work
>here should not go unnoticed. I especially liked your summary that you
>posted. I will see if I can lend a hand, unfortunately my next few days
>look very booked.
>
>But as long as good FIXes are around and people are engaged in working
>with them I don't really see why we shouldn't go through them before
>declaring victory. Sure, we can't do it forever - but hey, we can do
>whatever we like - so postponing a little bit in order to do some
>reviewing/harvesting and get some solid FIXes in is good IMHO. It is not
>like we have some manager jumpingup and down screaming for a release. :)

True enough. :)  By the way, according to our current schedule, we will
move to gamma in two weeks, on May 14th.  If there are still important
fixes being made at that time, we could postpone a bit longer, maybe a
week or two.  (With Ned's and Boris' recent fix posts, it looks like we
should be able to fix most of the problems on Boris' list before then.)

I don't want to get in the mode of postponing indefinitely, though,
unless there's a huge problem which needs to be fixed.  Also, we do want
to open the 3.8alpha stream sometime soon so that the 3.8/4.0 work can
begin in earnest...

- Doug