[Q][Test][m17n] How do I install fonts?

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Mon Aug 2 09:11:03 UTC 2004

Hello

I unpacked the file 'install-m17n.zip' from
http://impara.de/drop/m17n/

and run the script 'install' in the FileBrowser.

All the changesets were installed correctly.

In the file m17n37b-2.sar (which as I understand was an earlier attempt at
an install package)
I extracted the directory 'fonts' and put it in my Squeak directory.

Then I tried to execute the code snippets I found on the class side of
StrikeFontSet in the method

installExternalFontFileName6: fileName encoding: encoding encodingName:
aString textStyleName: styleName

  StrikeFontSet installExternalFontFileName: 'extendedLatinFont.out'
                encoding: UnicodeLatinExtendedAB leadingChar
                encodingName: #ExtendedLatin
                textStyleName: #DefaultMultiStyle.

  StrikeFontSet installExternalFontFileName: 'ipaExtensionsFont.out'
                encoding: UnicodeIPA leadingChar
                encodingName: #IPAExtensions
                textStyleName: #DefaultMultiStyle.

But an error message popped up saying that UnicodeLatinExtendedAB and
UnicodeIPA are not known.

My question now: What is the current way now to file in additional fonts
and install them correctly?

Thank you very much for this great work you are doing adding Unicode to
Squeak!

Hannes