Squeak 3.8 status

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Aug 1 21:21:01 UTC 2004

Hi Steven

I was thinking about flash when reading your exciting email and I think
that there is big niche there, (now I do not know what could be the
business model) because a lot of people do not want to pay that much to
be able to do animation or related.  Once I showed Squeak to a friend
of mine
that have to release an interactive CD-rom for magazine everything
month and he was really interested by Squeak. However, he is not a
programmer but a graphic artist that domesticated computer quite well.
And he told me that this was too bad that there would not be a
application
to develop multimedia contents.  And I hope that this is what you are
doing because people are
looking for solution. Squeak is full of potential while we also need
realization and I hope that TK4
will be one of those.

Stef

PS: the point of the mail of marcus is still true. If one of your guys
could allocate
one hour every three days to help the harvesting process you would gain
and us too.
Because you would know the bug fixes and help having stable releases.
We are doing that on our **free evenings, nights and holidays**.