[FIX][3.7] DeprecatedFixesFor37-nk

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Aug 3 16:54:33 UTC 2004

This changeset makes a lot of changes, around 70 methods.  I'm not sure
if they're really critical for 3.7 at this late stage.

I think it's probably OK to have some sends to deprecated methods in
the final release... those methods will still work.  (Hmm, I guess it
could be annoying to test your own app in 3.7 for deprecated methods by
turning on deprecationWarnings, and then have a bunch of popups come up
for things in the release which are still calling deprecated methods...
but still, it's not a critical problem IMHO.)

Plus I see at least one bug in here... SmalltalkImage>>aboutThisSystem
calls #m17nVersion, which doesn't exist.

These fixes should all go into 3.8alpha, of course.  If there are any
really important bug fixes in here for 3.7, we could separate them and
incorporate them.  Any other thoughts on this?

- Doug

p.s. still shooting for putting out a 3.7gamma candidate tonight, and
3.7final on Sunday or so if all goes well.