CVS innaccesible?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:23:16 UTC 2004

In message <200408022152.52586.ned at bike-nomad.com>
          Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> You aren't using the -z3 option? You really want to use that with SF. Also I
> think your pathnames may be off by one level.
>
> cvs '-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak' login
> cvs '-d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squeak' -z3 co squeak
Those are the lines that used to work ok, though.

> > Does anyone have the squeakfoundation cvs server details I could try?
> > Might allow me to work out if it is just SF, or just the squeak on SF,
> > or my connection, or just my fate for the day.
> >
> > Since we're supposed to be moving to SqF soon (I guess once 3.7 is
> > cleared out and locked down would be sensible) I ought to give it a try
> > anyway.
>

> cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak' login
> cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:/squeak' -z3 co squeak

Dang. Gets the same error :
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at cvs.squeakfoundation.org:2401/squeak
CVS password:   {I just hit <CR>}
Unknown host cvs.squeakfoundation.org.
Unknown host cvs.squeakfoundation.org.

Could it be my router setup? I just had to change over to an Airport
and it has a fairly confusing setup system. Is port 2401 special to an
Airport?

Hmm, then again if I try to ping squeakfoundation.org I get the same
unknown host error.  http://squeakfoundation.org also fails to find the
host. swiki.sq...... works ok. Aaaaand, yup, ping swiki.squ......
works. So does cvs.squ............ so I guess tere must some stupidity
in my cvs program. Pooh.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend