[Test][3.8a][m17n] After loading host fonts Squeak blocks

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Aug 4 02:08:33 UTC 2004

  Hannes,

> In a 3.8a image with the install script loaded (see my previous mail of
> I found that I can load Windows host (Unicode) fonts,
> like Times New Roman, Garamond, Lucida Sans Unicode etc.
>
> with
>
>     HostFont initWin32
>
> The fileIn of the fonts works fine.
>
> However if I then try to select one of these fonts as a system default
> font Squeak blocks
>
> in
>
> Array(SequenceqbleCollection)>>first
> HostFont>>displayString:on:from:to:at:kern:
> FormCanvas>>drawString:from:to:in:font:color:
>
> Am I missing an important intermediary step  or does this just not work
> yet?

  I haven't tried to use them as system font in 3.8a images, but I do
have a revised FontPlugin that allows you to get Unicode font from
Windows somewhere.

  It is hard to tell what went wrong, but did you have some strings
that contains non-latin1 chars and the font doesn't contain the glyphs
for them?  The fallbackfont inst var have to be initialized in a
manner of StrikeFont class>>setupDefaultFallbackFont does...

-- Yoshiki