[Test][3.8a][m17n] After loading host fonts Squeak blocks

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Aug 4 02:31:55 UTC 2004

Yoshiki,

For some reason, the m17n installer also installs a broken (!) version of
HostFont. In particular HostFont>>displayString:on:from:to:at:kern: is
utterly broken as can be seen by evaluating:

    HostFont textStyleFrom: 'Arial'.
    mm := StringMorph new.
    mm font: (TextStyle named: 'Arial') defaultFont.
    mm fullDrawOn: Display getCanvas.

If you remove the method (e.g., just fall back to StrikeFont's
implementation) everything works fine.

Question: Is there any reason why HostFont has to be in the m17n image?

Cheers,
  - Andreas