new m17n built

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Wed Aug 4 08:16:46 UTC 2004

  Alex,

> I wrongly assumed that value is always an unicode value.

  The value is always an Unicode value.

> Using this expression
>
>     Unicode charFromUnicode: 16r107
>
> does not break anything while using the Arial font, but it still does
> not show the right character.

beyond 256 chars.  TTCFontSet does something (see HostFont
class>>initForSubtitles), but needs a bit work-out.

  Basically,

TTCFontReader encodingTag: Latin1Environment leadingChar.
TTCFontSet newTextStyleFromTTFile: 'C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\arial.TTF'.

should create right TTCFontSet structure and the character with 16r107
value with 0 as encodingTag should be displayed with the font.

  (Latin1Environment meaning the language the latin1 char set
supports, or in this case it means the default language environment.
The word latin1 in it doesn't specify the character range.)

  Sorry for inconvenience,

-- Yoshiki