Squeak 3.8 status

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 4 08:26:41 UTC 2004

Am 03.08.2004 um 17:19 schrieb Karl Ramberg:

> lex at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
>>

>>> There is always room for improvments. But some decitions have to be
>>> made.
>>> Should we split the image into packages? When is this going to
>>> happen ?
>>> How is packages maintained? Who maintain them ?
>>
>> Should we split?  Yes when easy, no when hard.
>>
>> When?  How about now?
>
> Adam Spitz made some image splitting code a while ago.
> Let's hope that goes into 3.8.

All his changestes but 3 are already added:

"Change Set:		FlashCleanup
Date:			31 July 2003
Author:			Adam Spitz

Not added, because another changeset was harvested that changed
the same code. Somebody needs to edit the changeset...

"Change Set:		SpeakerMorphCleanup
Date:			11 August 2003
Author:			Adam Spitz

Changes (x isKindOf: SpeakerMorph) to (x respondsTo: #stopSound) in a
couple of places that call #stopSound. I'm not sure this is the correct
thing to do, but it would be nice to get those methods to stop holding
onto the SpeakerMorph class."!

Not added: There was a discussion that this is no good solution.
Needs to be resolved.

"Change Set:		MoveSoundBufferOutOfSound
Date:			11 August 2003
Author:			Adam Spitz

not added, this submission has not been reviewed yet.

If somebody thinks that these changesets are important, than this
somebody should maybe put that as a comment on BFAV? Or maybe
even fix and resubmit the changeset that clearly can't be harvested
because
of a conflict?

Just an idea...

    Marcus