SUnit Resource Problems

Andrew P. Black black at cse.ogi.edu
Wed Aug 4 18:00:58 UTC 2004

At 10:20 +0200 2004.8.4, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>Resources are normally set before any test run and teardown after
>all the test run
>if I remember correctly.

That is indeed what you imply in the tutorial;. But as far as we can
see, it is not what the code does.  It calls "reset", not "tearDown".

>  In the tutorial I show how you can add sharedSetUp Test
>that do not execute setup for all the tests of a test suite but that
>executes it for each test suite.
>I really needed that and ressources were not the answer.

Are you referring to the TestSuite>>areAllResourcesAvailable" stuff?
We were confused because this is not what our version of SUnit does,
and assumed that the documentation was out of date, not that this was
a an enhancement.

I don't see how what you describe above for "sharedSetUp" is
different from Resources, if they worked correctly.

	Andrew