[BUG] Flap item labels are difficult to read

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Wed Aug 4 19:51:31 UTC 2004

Doug Way wrote:

> In a fresh 3.7gamma-5983 image, the labels on the items in the flaps
> are pretty hard to read.  It looks like the font may be ComicSansMS
> (TrueType) size 6 or something.  The 5980TTCFontSizeRepair update seems
> to have caused this, and doing "Language recreateFlaps" doesn't make a
> difference.  (Quite likely that update "fixed" the labels to accurately
> show what they're defined as, but we need to change their size or
> something.)
>
> A quickie fix would be appreciated, to save me a bit of time while
> putting together the gamma-candidate.

There is several issues here:

In IconicButton>>initializeWithThumbnail: aThumbnail withLabel: aLabel
andSend: aSelector to: aReceiver
the font is set to StrikeFont familyName: Preferences standardEToysFont
familyName size: 15

-First I think that the flap icons should have their own font
preference. It's hard to
know which font to change to get a new one.

-Another issue is that the font will be added to a form and resized with
the thumbnail morph stuff.
This makes a lot of fonts look ugly

-Yet another issue is that a TTF added to a transparent image morph will
look ugly because
image morphs don't pick up the anti-aliasing and potential translucency
of that font rendering.

Karl