Gamma candidate (basic) image available

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Tue Aug 10 15:44:07 UTC 2004

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

>the test categories should be perceived as active documentation of the
>system.
>So they should stay in the system in the final image.

I as well would like to see that the SUnit tests (more than 1000)  remain
in the image for the following reasons:

1) The test code has interesting parts to read - it serves as
documentation

2) It gives the idea that test cases serve as  documentation more
visibility. People who do not want that can easily get rid of the test
cases because they are all in their own categories.

3) If the test cases are in the image, they act as a reminder to
contribute more test cases. A useful thing would be for example a system
consistency check or a system integrity check (number of obsolete classes -
stuff like that) which prints out logging information on the Transcript.

4) It is always possible to remove them again in 3.9, 3.10, 3.11 oder 4.0.
if new reasons get heavier weight.

Perhaps other people have more arguments pro and con the inclusion.

Hannes