Squeak VM gcc 3.4 inline assembly

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Aug 10 22:24:23 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 5:54 am, Lyndon Tremblay wrote:
> Squeak VM CVS, gcc3.4, cygwin, Right here:
[snip]
> I've played around with it, quoting each line, escaping newlines, etc. Has
> the format changed for gcc 3.4? I haven't found anything relating to that.

Yes, the format changed.

I've built a Squeak from modified sources; I will check my modifications back
in to SF CVS soon. They include a different Makefile for the newer gcc
versions.

Among other things, I have fixed this problem as well as others having to do
with various VMMaker and compiler changes.

However, if you want to look at my changes to date, you can get a patch file
at http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/Win32VMDiffsSince3.6.2.patch.bz2 ; I will
delete it after I get my changes checked back in to the 'ned-branch' branch
on SF.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com