RemoveOldSocket changeset

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 12 18:32:21 UTC 2004

> - OldSocket class has protocol category "tests", should be these tests
> moved to newly organized system, that is to separate class in class
> category Network-Kernel-Tests? (oh, there's Network-Kernel-Test)

If they are truly tests, then making them available to SUnit is surely a
good idea.

But you don't have to do everything at once!  I hesitated to say
anything at all; it's just that I hated to see good code about to
disappear.  Copying them over to the new class should be fine.

> - now, what's preferred: repost intented changeset or post another
> changeset to this one??

I would think a complete changeset would be best.

> > Also, I see a lot of changes to HTTPSocket in there.  What are they
> > about?  -Lex
>
> Because HTTPSocket was subclassed from OldSocket I had to find what
> methods of OldSocket [not in Socket] did it use. The difference was
> mainly in expressing timeouts.

Oh yeah, that makes sense.

Lex