Choosing an OS for the Dual athlon...

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Aug 13 12:36:36 UTC 2004

After a two and a half month outage, I finaly have a new HD for my dual
athlon.

The most recient version of Leenooks on hand is SuSE 8.0. =\

I would like to find the best OS for Squeak develment and develment of
my own OS project, Sphere, with a L4/psitachio environment.

BeOS is currently out of the picture because it can't boot on the Dual
athlon.
Windows would cost me $610 (which I don't have).

I strongly dislike bloated desktop environments such as KDE.

One further limitation of my current setup is that the dual athlon does
not have direct internet access, It can only FTP files from my BeOS
machine. =\