Adding something to the Squeak website...

Andreas Gerdes squeakdev at skalarsoft.com
Fri Aug 13 19:36:15 UTC 2004

Serge Stinckwich schrieb:

> Did you use VW or Squeak ? I heard that there is some stability
> problems with the Squeak port of SmallWiki.

Serge,
we run Squeak on Debian, it's lightning fast and it runs stable for a
week now with a SWImageStorage active.
Me too, I have had some trouble with the snapshot storage (CPU at 100%
or damaged Snapshots) but IF you get it to run once, it seems to be ok.

But there is one other problem: umlauts and special chars translate
wrongly or not at all respectively.
Anyone tried to put an "§" or "Ö" on a (Squeak)- SmallWiki site?
I found a workaround, but it is not very nice.

the Wiki: http://www.squeak-ev.de:8888

Cheers
Andreas