Adding something to the Squeak website...

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Aug 14 13:17:05 UTC 2004

Am 13.08.2004 um 22:05 schrieb lex at cc.gatech.edu:

> Nevin Pratt <nevin at bountifulbaby.com> wrote:
>> I've been tempted to yank
>> the entire SmallWiki out and replace it with the old Squeak ComWiki
>> (or
>> PWS Wiki, or whatever it's called).
>

> ComSwiki and PWS Swiki are both around.  PWS Swiki is the original one
> by Mark Guzdial, and ComSwiki is the one by Je77 Rick, and happens to
> be
> the one the Squeak Swiki uses.
>
> ComSwiki I know has a download for multiple platforms that includes an
> image and a VM.  You unpack and run it and you have a Swiki.  Most
> administration is done via the web.
>
> Just my two cents.  I know nothing about the other wikis around,
> because
> ComSwiki has always been nice enough to use that I never bothered to
> shop around any.

For Squeak-ev (and esug) the we were not that much unterested in a real
wiki, but more a system like PhP Website: A simple way to build a
community
editable website. This is something that SmallWiki makes real simple
(much better
than PhP Website, PostNuke or something like that). The current
squeak-ev.de
is build using PhP-Website.

Having the website build with SmallWiki then is nice, as you don't need
to install
a second wiki.

      Marcus