Connectors 2 performance of duplicate handle

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Aug 16 07:25:50 UTC 2004

Hi Ned,

I am playing around with Connectors 2 and am having a performance
problem. When I click and drag the Duplicate halo handle of a
NCTextRectangleMorph it takes longer and longer until the morph gets
copied. I am at several minutes now. My graph has 19 nodes and and 18
edges so far.

To be more precise. I have node morphs which are connected through edge
morphs. I click on the node and want to duplicate it without its edges.
This seems to work, i.e. I get another node without any connectors. But
this gets slower and slower fast.

I tried to put the morph to the Connectors tab instead of using
Duplicate. However, dragging it in and dragging it out takes roughly the
same amount of time.

I pressed Alt-. and it looks like it has to do with very deep copy
(veryDeepFixup). I am running out of time, therefore I cannot look into
it more deeply now. However, I wanted to let you know about it. And
before I forget: Thanks for the Connectors package. It looks very
promising.

- Bernhard