(bug?) Morphic Models crash squeak

Marcin Tustin mt500 at zepler.net
Mon Aug 16 22:37:46 UTC 2004

    Apologies to those who have read this before:

I've been playing with Morphic, and found that using PluggableTextMorphs
hangs Squeak, consuming a lot of system resources.

    It seems to occur when I have a SystemWindow containing some kind
of morph, to which I add PluggableTextMorphs, either the
PluggableTextMorphWithModel variety, or adding a MorphicModel as the
model. I find that when I interact with the window, such as by
dragging it, squeak hangs irrevocably.

    I have not tried it without the SystemWindow. I apologise for the
lack of code examples, but my scratchpad's contents haven't fared
well.

    Is this my stupidity/lack of documentation/a bug