Testing Full image assembling 2

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sun Aug 22 02:32:45 UTC 2004

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> Though I haven't looked at it either, I also prefer non-plugin solutions.
>
> But note that the Regex plugin has been part of the Windows and Unix VMs now
> for some time.
... and RISC OS of course. I don't think John bothered much with the Mac
version.

> Has anyone compared the Regex Plugin with Vasily's version?
Exactly - if it works as well, as fast, doesn't use any more memory etc
then it's probably a win. I really think that having a decent regex in
the image would be a good thing. There must be a lot of search related
code that could be improved with its use.

And whilst we're thinking of text processing, it might be worth seeing
if regex combines well with the indexing stuff scottt crosby did a
while back in between his deviations down strange vm caching
experiments. The combination of fast searching and cached indices
surely ought to have uses?

tim
User: A harmless drudge.