REGEX test (was: Re: Testing Full image assembling 2)

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Aug 22 10:25:19 UTC 2004

On 21/08/04 23:32, "Tim Rowledge" <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
>

>> Though I haven't looked at it either, I also prefer non-plugin solutions.
>>
>> But note that the Regex plugin has been part of the Windows and Unix VMs now
>> for some time.
> ... and RISC OS of course. I don't think John bothered much with the Mac
> version.
>>
>> Has anyone compared the Regex Plugin with Vasily's version?
> Exactly - if it works as well, as fast, doesn't use any more memory etc
> then it's probably a win. I really think that having a decent regex in
> the image would be a good thing. There must be a lot of search related
> code that could be improved with its use.
>
> And whilst we're thinking of text processing, it might be worth seeing
> if regex combines well with the indexing stuff scottt crosby did a
> while back in between his deviations down strange vm caching
> experiments. The combination of fast searching and cached indices
> surely ought to have uses?
>

> tim
> --
> User: A harmless drudge.

Tim, Ned and all people.
I could do a battery of test if someone could design one.
Speed is so important with machines of 21 century ?
What about something like parsing a lot of email address (like in Celeste
what don't use any plug or package )
Or searching a huge 91 MB files of mail for ocurrences of something ?
Vassily package have examples of this.

Edgar