REGEX test (was: Re: Testing Full image assembling 2)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Aug 22 13:30:47 UTC 2004

On Sunday 22 August 2004 3:25 am, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I could do a battery of test if someone could design one.

Avi also offered to do this; you might want to contact him. This is what I
said to him that I was interested in:

I'd like to compare:

* regex capabilities: is one more capable than the other?
* ease of use: can we drop it into new code easily?
* speed: how about parsing big files?
* compatibility: any way to use it with (say) SmaCC?
* compatibility: are the two packages compatible enough that one could migrate
from one to the other? Would it make sense to make an adapter?

> Speed is so important with machines of 21 century ?

Depends on what you're doing. A good example might be when I'm parsing all
my .changes files to find something.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com