[BUG] isAbsolute: not understood by UnixFileDirectory

black at cse.ogi.edu black at cse.ogi.edu
Mon Aug 23 21:54:26 UTC 2004

While browsing a directory on MacOSX with the file list tool, I got a
walkback as FileList attempted to gte the brief contents of a file.

isAbsolute: is defined on MacFileDirectory, but in this walkback itios
being sent to the class variable DirectoryClass, defined in
FileDirectory, and whose value is UnixFileDirectory.  I'm not sure why
this is so (since differernt subclasses of FileDirectory should
presumably have different DirectoryClass'es).  Maybe it should be a
class instance variable?  Or maybe MacFileDirectory>>#fullNameFor: , the
only method outside of the FileDirectory class to access this variable,
should not be doing so?