Lessons learnt from been an integrator

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Aug 24 11:23:26 UTC 2004

Hi all

here are the lessons we learnt while building the 3.7 image. We wanted
to have shout, rb, connector
morph in 3.7 but there were too much patches. We are sorry about that.

	- We had to decide if we add balloon 3d with pooh broken or not, same
	for the language editor. We decided to add manually the fixes because
	we do not have access to the code. But this cannot continue like that.

For the next release here is a list of properties that packages should
have:
	- be maintained
	- code access by one of the integrators
	- minimizing the overriding of methods
		- we should harvest the changes in the kernel
		- put in places some mechanisms such as services

Conclusion: I will do 3.7 full but do not count on me in the future.
Apparently you are all too busy
to pay attention to people that spend their time to build stuff for
everybody.

Stef