Incorporating OmniBrowser

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Aug 26 06:07:53 UTC 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 12:22 AM, Doug Way wrote:

> Okay, although the current plan for 3.8 is for it to be a relatively
> short release primarily for m17n, without any other major changes.
> (which you probably already know)  But that may be okay, assuming
> OmniBrowser is mostly new code which doesn't change existing behavior,
> and if we don't remove Browser until the following release.
> Similarly, we're also adding Monticello as part of the
> Basic/update-stream image in 3.8, partly because it's mostly just an
> add-on.

Yeah, I knew that. It... um... slipped my mind for a moment. :-p

  My reference to 3.8 was meant more as an indication when I hope to
have the next version of OB done than anything else. It may make sense
to wait for 3.9 in order to ensure that OB is really solid. The last
thing I want is to get lynched for breaking people's working
environment.

Colin