Shrinking

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Thu Aug 26 09:29:29 UTC 2004

I have to say I wanted. But shrinking this new image is much more difficult.
I will try it soon, but I wanted to get enough experiences with this process
first.

It's possible to take shrinked image 3.0 and apply updates selectively, but
this is very time-consuming hard work (there are cca 1800 new changesets).

The question is if the minimal image should contain Morphic. Clearing the
image with Morphic safely is terrible. For example, when you delete 'The
worlds of Squeak' project using published script, image still contains the
world with a car, there's second unused HandMorph etc. To find and destroy
all obsolete instances safely is interesting but lengthy detective task.

Pavel