Lessons learnt from been an integrator

lex at cc.gatech.edu lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Aug 29 04:26:29 UTC 2004

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> here are the lessons we learnt while building the 3.7 image. We wanted
> to have shout, rb, connector
> morph in 3.7 but there were too much patches. We are sorry about that.

Bah, you've done tons of work.  If these packages have incompatibilities
at gamma phase then they should not go into the full image.  We should
not be fixing things at this extremely late stage.  Borderline packages
will go into the next release for sure; next time let's simply start
earlier on getting rid of the incompatibilities.

-Lex