character ^ (caret) is missing in Squeak 3.6

Jan B. Krejci jbk at umim.net
Sun Aug 29 15:16:36 UTC 2004

V Ne, 29. 08. 2004 v 16:37, m r ameri píše:
> Hi every one ,
>

> character ^ (caret) is missing in Squeak 3.6 windows full version.
> When i type it Up Arrow symbol is printed.
>
> I am using Win Xp.
>

> Any clues .
>
> kind regards
>
> m r ameri

Let me! Let me! I would like to answer this one! :-)))

Hi,

this is perfectly OK. The up arrow is used as "return" in other
languages and as far as I know, majority of Squeak fonts have the carret
replaced by arrow just to look nicer when you read the code. The same
effect you can see when you try to display _ character (underscore),
which is used as a synonym of := (variable assignment). It is replaced
by left arrow.

When you file out any code to text file, you will see both _ and ^
right.

I am sure somebody can give you more sofisticated answer ;-)

.:jbk:.
Jan B. Krejci