[ANN][DOC] Tutorial for MVC

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Sun Aug 29 20:41:24 UTC 2004

Hi Boris,

> Hereby I announce the availability of a tutorial about MVC.
> It is a collection of HTML documents and can be downloaded as
> archive file from
>
> http://www.bgaertner.gmxhome.de/MVCtutorial.htm
>
> where you find also some additional information.
>
> (This is a preliminary download address, I plan to place a
> reviewed version on the Swiki.)

	Thanks for the tutorial.

	The contents are nicely laid out providing a good
	framework for further contributions.

	Maybe the Encyclopaedia of Classes section can be
	splitted into 2 sub-sections : one for the kernel
	classes and one for MVC classes.

	Who knows, the KCP can contribute to the kernel classes
	section (no one knows about these clases better :-)

	Considering "Lessons learnt from been an integrator",
	it seems we cannot just load the packages from SM into
	the basic image to build any flavor of a full image and
	it just works off the shelf.

	(Is this another proof that "Real Software Engineering
	is still in the future." ?)

	So it's not too much to look at the shrinked MVC image
	as a "poor man" minimal image. :-)

	However, I am not counting on anyone to integrate the
	packages from SM into the "poor man" minimal image
	to produce a fully internationalized 3D multimedia image
	any time soon. Sigh.

	I wish that your MVC tutorial documents will be kept in
	sync with the shrinking and kernel cleaning efforts.

	Who knows, when the real minimal image becomes a reality,
	it will be the best documented image of them all with
	a neat Encyclopaedia of Classes and indepth tutorials.

	Educators would love such an image !

	Such an image would let the educators separate the wheat
	from the chaff to showcase the simplicity, elegance and
	beauty of Smalltalk.

	Such an image will let the gem shine instead of hiding
	it in a kitchen sink.

	Of course, I am talking about the educators we are
	counting on to "implant" the next generations of
	scientists and professionals with knowledge and skill
	to accomplish the mission of annihilating the oxymoron
	from software engieering.

	Once again, thanks for your contributions to the
	shrinking efforts.

	Please keep up with the good work.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.

	P.S: 	Can we count on you, Jon and Pavel for a Traitable
		shrinked 3.7 image. ;-)