MVC vs. Morphic (was Re: Shrinking)

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Aug 30 15:34:30 UTC 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 4:02 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Monday 30 August 2004 4:43 am, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
>> IMHO developers are frustrated by Morphic. It's very modern and
>> interesting
>> GUI framework, but it didn't come up to all expectations.
>
> I think they would understand it better if it didn't have the windows.

That's a very interesting statement.  How do you imagine this working?
Do you mean getting rid of all the UI that currently uses SystemWindow
(Browsers, Debuggers, etc), replacing them with Self-style outliners?
Or do you just mean making SystemWindows be morphs like any others and
getting rid of all the special cases around them?

It would be nice to see some kind of proof of concept of a
Morphic-without-windows, even a very rough one...

Avi