Full Image 3.7g for testing

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Tue Aug 31 14:09:43 UTC 2004

This is a test report for the 3.7 gamma full image
(latest update: #5987, time stamp of the image in the zip-file:
27/08/04 20:55)
used VM: Squeak 3.6.2 / Tea 1.9 VM (release) from
                Nov 12 2003

Balloon3D comes with a new problem: When you use
hardware acceleration, you have clipping planes that differ
from the ones that you have without hardware accelaration.

To see this effect, do this:
>From the world menu, select:
  -> new morph
     -> from alphabetical list
        -> B3DSceneExplorerMorph
You see the well-known rotating cube. (pic1.png)
When you switch to hardware acceleration, colors do not change
(in a previous version they changed!)
but you have a clipping box that cuts into the colored cube
(as a result you can look into the rotating cube, which is also
a nice feature.) (pic2.png)

-----------------------------
In the Balloon3D demo, some examples come without color:
  B3DDemoSurfaces example2
  Db3DemoSurfaces example3
and others. This is a well-known problem, that was reported
and fixed earlier (but never on SqueakMap. I think Andreas
put the demo on SqueakMap, and certainly I do not have the
password and cannot change it.)
The attached fix solves the problem. (It does not add a
hardware acceleration button tot the window - hardware
acceleration occasionally chrases on my PC with
Windows 98.)