[Squeakmap] Statistics

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Aug 31 19:02:39 UTC 2004

Hi all!

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> On 16/08/04 13:19, "lex at cc.gatech.edu" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> > Note that it's still not a lower bound.  I know that I reinstall Squeak
> > with moderate frequency and in multiple directories, and thus I have
> > still downloaded packages multiple times even though SqueakMap has a
> > built-in cache.
>
> Lex:
>
> Another useful thing could be SqueakMap check package-cache directory and
> rebuilds itself with this.

I am not sure what the above means. the "package-cache" directory is a
Monticello thing and has nothing to do with SqueakMap. SqueakMap keeps
all its state in the "sm" directory.

> Now I using one directory for all images and all could use same SqueakMap
> and do hand installing, but no clue how actualize each image instance info.

Eh... if you have all images in one directory then SqueakMap uses the
stuff in the "sm" directory, regardless of which image you use. So the
package cache in there is shared and so is the map itself (meaning that
the latest snapshot of the map itself will not be downloaded needlessly
for multiple images).

> We wait Goran returns from China...
>
> Edgar

Well, I am back now! :) Though with severely limited time, email me in
private if you want to be sure to get an answer.

regards, Göran