[ANN] eCompletion - code completion inspired by eclipse

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 1 07:21:12 UTC 2004

Am 01.12.2004 um 04:42 schrieb David T. Lewis:

> 2) Is it OK for MVC to fade away? No. It matters to some people,
> including
>    people who do not have a lot of money or who live in parts of the
> world
>    where fancy computers and fast networks may not be easy to come by.
> Not
>    to mention the occasional eccentric who might just happen to think
> it's
>    interesting just because it's interesting. Squeak is full of
> interesting
>    things, and I kind of like that.

It would be the best if MVC would be a package on SM in the case that
it gets removed from the image...

on the other hand: If you make a new GUI framework, romoving the old one
at some point is the way to go as you are *forced* to fix the
shortcomings.
We see this with morpic: It's bloated and slow because everyone did the
easy thing (MVC) for those cases that required a small and fast
framework.

     Marcus