[ANN] eCompletion - code completion inspired by eclipse

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 1 09:24:06 UTC 2004

But may be you also want to invest in the future ;)

this may interest you and has been published on the tweak mailing-list

> What is the greater plan for Tweak Vs. Morphic, that is, would we want
> to have a Squeak version that comes with Tweak instead of MVC+Morphic?
> I personally would like to see this happen as soon as possible...

Well, now that the proof of concept is complete we can look at the next
steps. Personally, I think (partial) victory could be declared once the
resulting image has no further obsolete references *AND* can reload and
run Morphic/MVC. This mostly means making the basic packages (Kernel,
Collections, Graphics, Compiler) Morphic/MVC clean by a) refactoring
methods (moving them in extensions) and b) introduce a few required
extra abstractions (for PopUpMenu, FITBM, and friends). For the latter,
I think that having something like a simple indirection ala "UIManager
default confirm: mumble" would be perfectly sufficient.

Then, there is still the tools issue. As you may have noticed I haven't
put much work into getting the browsers up to par (simply a question of
priorities) but having good tool support is crucial. I wonder if I can
convince someone to get OmniBrowser or StarBrowser or any of those in
Tweak...

Cheers,
  - Andreas