3.6-3 VM on Sparc NetBSD 1.6.2

Bruce ONeel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Dec 1 07:14:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

Continuing my quest to run as many odd and outdated systems
as possible, I've now managed to scare up a sparcstation 4
for the home network.

Oddly, given that 3.6-3 runs on i386, ppc, and mac68k versions
of NetBSD it crashes reading the sources file on startup with
a bus error on SPARC.  It happens on the ftell at line
172 of sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c and yet both f and f->file seem
to point to reasonable things.  This is with gcc 2.9x or so.

Is there something obvious I've missed?  The last VM version
which does seem to run is 2.8pre3.  I'm a bit confused here.

Thanks!

cheers

bruce