Adding loop primitives/optimizations (was MakingSet/Dictionaryetc. loops more robust)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 2 02:40:43 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> Yes. But there are some significant issues with this. My proposal (the one
> that I'm hoping to implement for Croquet) is to allow a fixed storage
> attribute but ONLY for bit objects (no pointers).
I proferred code for this back in 97, as used constantly (back then) on
the MediaPad version of Squeak. Alternatively steal the basics from
BrouHaHa which had a large-non-pointer-space as far back as 87. It made
editing megabyte plus texts possible on 4mips cpus with <4Mb memory.

tim
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.