[ANN] BFAV 2.30

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 17:16:55 UTC 2004

This announcement heralds the release of BFAV2 2.30: SqueakMap now has published releases for both Squeak 3.8 and 3.9 alpha.

If you tried to install BFAV today and you get an MNU about something not being able understand #Undeclared, then remove the BFAV-Installer-2.30.st from your SqueakMap cache (it should be in ./sm/cache/packages/uso29ityq9g8qmdlwolxhv/12) and try again - I only discovered a syntax error in the .st after I uploaded the file to SqueakMap, and so I deleted it and reuploaded the file).

A summary of changes (listed using the Monticello version numbers):

179: Based on Tom's review, this commits Karl Ramberg's BFAVAttachmentFix

178: Added German Morales's progress reporter when loading posts and Frank Shearar's ensure block around updateListing

177: Second release moving us toward having ability to transfer post. This one adds a DualPatchArchiveClient (a la DualChangeSorter), so that eventually we will be able to drag posts from one side (group) to the other). Adds a set of (uninspired) tests for the DualPAC. To make this work I made both PAC and DualPAC be subclasses of model rather than SystemWindow. This makes them like the DRNP.

176: Implemented workaround for [BUG][BFAV]Loading updates failed Archive ID: 24104 and commented out testSend messages that were the original source of problem. Implemented enhancements for [ENH] [BFAV]PatchArchiveRegexpFix Archive ID: 24163

175: Added the first pieces of logic for transfering posts from one group to another into DRNP. See initializeUsingTargetPost: anArchivePost sourcePost:.
Upgraded tests by: adding a DNRPTransferTest, abstracting functionality into MorphicTestCase and removing ArchiveResource (which incorrectly used classVars).

174: Adds a Bug tab to the BFAV where all bug (without fixes) reports reside. The Unreviewed and Reviewed tab shows only fixes and enhancements.

173: Fixes implementation of makeUnclosable/makeClosable to handle send and to do in one place

172: Frank Shearar wrote: Now that BFAV uses SystemWindows for the DRNP, if you click the close button you don't get a confirmation dialog, and the window just closes. Karl Ramberg wrote: Send a 'self makeUnclosable' to the window at some point when the DRNP is initialized. This release does that. The side effect is that there is no pink x icon on the far left.

171: This is just a refactoring release. I have cleaned up DRNP and PAC in preparation for adding the ability to split post groups and to merge post groups. I removed a considerable number of dead methods (and tests) and focused on getting the tests for PA and PAC to be more realistic. Merged in changes from 169 and 170 since this work had been based on 168

170: The DecentReviewerNotePad didn't correctly open on Changesets and ContextParts (using #openOnChangeset: and #openOnContextPart:).

169: This change commits Samuel Tardieu's ReviewerPost1 changeset, which adds a new header (X-Squeak-Version) to the mails sent by BFAV.

168: Created first version of the reopen capability. Add a new harvest button (Open) which resets any prior approve, update or close events. Rule for categorizing posts, following Doug's suggestion, allows for multiple close, open, close, open events by taking the last relevant event as the groups status. I've done the simplest thing that could possibly work: added one new harvest status with a mask of 16 and a tag of [open]. If you want to back up one step from say update to approve, you've got to open, and then approve. I think this will work. Has temporary code to work w/o server side changes (until Ken makes his changes.) In the process eliminated few unused method, reorged categories and added more class comments.

167: Fixes [BUG] BFAV Post both reviewed and Unreviewed reported by Frank Caggiano on 10 April 2004 as Archive ID: 21795. Fix follows ken at kencausey.com suggestion that "more than one path in the decision network for partitioning the messages" The new implementation ensures a partition and sets as unreviewed any group not otherwise categorized.

166: This fixes the problem where clicking on a SystemWindow didnot bring it to the forground, if DRNP happened to be opened. As diagnosed by Ned, this was because DRNP was a morph rather than a System Window. This fixes the problem using Ned's fix in most places.

As always, don't hesitate to let Tom or I know if something's not right with BFAV2.

Enjoy!

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720