Looking for Smalltalk for the Xerox Star

marc holz mcwood at t-online.de
Thu Dec 2 20:05:49 UTC 2004

Dear Squeak Folks,

I do have an old Xerox 8010 (Xerox Star) and a Xerox 6085 Workstation in my
possesion and would
love to run Smalltalk on these machines. Both machines are operation and run
currently Lisp and
Xerox Viewpoint (Office Automation). I heard that once a commercial Version
of ST-80 for these old Xerox Workstations used to be available - at least
until 1994 from Xerox XSIS.

I wonder I someone would still have somewhere a Xerox Star ST-80
distribution on floppy (5 1/4" or 8")
lying arround. Perhaps you might knew a person I could ask in that matter.
Any Xerox Smalltalk manuals might be interesting
as well.

I'll appreciate your help very much.

Best Regards,
Marc Holz