3.8 UI performance drop?

Lyndon Tremblay humasect at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 2 21:10:29 UTC 2004

No, you aren't the only one. Things I've done to actually speed things up
again, surprisingly:

1) Turn off rounded window corners.
2) Disable easy selection. (... it works)
3) Turn off the global desktop bar thing.
4) If you like, probably, run appearance->system font->defaults - this
brings back the regular, small and speedy fonts.

With these, dragging system windows with full redraw is interactive again.
If i don't make them very big.

Something fun: Take a Workspace, enlarge it completely, then try to
full-redraw moving it by title bar. I had to kill Squeak.

(WinXP, AthlonXP1800+, 16bit display, Stock 3.7 VM)

-Lyndon